Australia has vast mineral wealth, high living standards, rapid population growth, a stable Western democracy, the rule of law, a AAA credit rating, and is one of the world’s preeminent investment destinations.
- the world’s 14th largest economy
- one of the world’s largest stock markets, with the sixth largest pool of funds under management in the world
- rated AAA with a stable outlook by all three global rating agencies, characterised by a government budget surplus and low debt
- forecast to realise average annual real GDP growth of 2.7% over the next five years – the highest among major advanced economies
- the world’s largest producer of iron ore, gold, and uranium
- a highly skilled nation where over 40% of the workforce has a tertiary qualification
- culturally diverse and multilingual, where 28% of the population was born overseas and 3.2 million Australians speak an Asian language and 1.4 million speak a European language
- a welcoming place to live and work, with six Australian cities ranked in the global top 40 for their quality of living
- the world’s third most popular destination for students
- the seventh largest international tourism market.
- an environment that is ranked in the top 20 out of 190 economies for ease of doing business
- Judicial independence and strong control of corruption